Cheesy Tomato & Eggplant Pasta Bake
A pasta bake is the ultimate comfort food and a perfect family meal all year round. This cheesy tomato and eggplant pasta bake takes just 20 minutes to prepare then 50 minutes in the oven. Even if you're not a fan of the bake, you will be after this.
- 250 g macaroni pasta cooked, drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion finely chopped
- 1 medium eggplant diced
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 500 g can SA Gourmet Food Co Tomato Condensed Soup
- 2/3 cup light thickened cream
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of parmesan combined
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Grease an 8-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender.
- Drain. Transfer pasta to oven-proof baking dish.
- Toss the eggplant, tomatoes and onion with 3 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread on the baking sheet and roast until the eggplant is golden brown and tomatoes are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat until sizzling. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes until softened. Add flour to the frying pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Combine soup and cream. Bring to the boil.
- Transfer baked eggplant and tomatoes to baking dish. Pour soup mixture over pasta. Add 3/4 cup cheese blend. Stir until well combined.
- Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve.