Creamy Tomato, Spinach and Beef Penne
This Creamy Tomato, Spinach and Beef Penne will become your new family favourite. Just 10 minutes to prepare, why not make a few batches for later. Pasta is made from grain, one of the basic food groups in a healthy diet that also can include vegetables, fruits, fish, and poultry.
- 400 g dried penne
- 500 g beef sausages with herbs and spices
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large brown onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 500 g can SA Gourmet Food Co condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2/3 cup cooking cream
- 80 g baby spinach
- Fresh basil leaves to serve
- Finely grated parmesan to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, remove sausages from casings. Tear meat into small pieces. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sausage meat and onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Add garlic and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add soup and stock. Bring to a simmer. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes or until reduced slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cream, spinach and pasta to beef mixture. Stir to combine. Top with basil and parmesan.