Easy Butter Chicken
What's better than a delicious butter chicken? An easy to make butter chicken! Butter chicken or murgh makhani is a #curry of chicken in a spiced tomato, butter and cream sauce. It originated in Delhi, India as a curry. It's the perfect meal any time of the year but it's ideal in the cooler weather and served piping hot with fluffy rice and some roti. It is without question the most popular dish to emerge from India. It may even be one of the most popular dishes in the world!Its mildly spicy, creamy, savoury flavour makes it more than just delicious, but accessible to almost every palate. So what are you having for dinner tonight?
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 500 g chicken thighs sliced
- 1.5 tablespoons curry powder
- 430 g can SA Gourmet Food Co Tomato Condensed Soup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 125 ml cream
- ½ bunch of coriander roughly chopped
- Steamed basmati rice and naan bread to serve.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter, then add the chicken and curry powder. Stir until the chicken is browned.
- Add SA Gourmet Food Co Tomato Condensed Soup, stir well and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Just before serving, add cream and stir well. Top with coriander.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice and naan bread.