Four Cheese Toastie with Tomato Soup
You can't beat a soup and toast on a chilly day. This four cheese toastie made with your favourite sourdough bread with a piping hot tomato soup will keep you going for the rest of the day.
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons ricotta
- 100 g mozzarella grated
- 50 g gorgonzola crumbled
- 2 tablespoons parmesan grated
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 500 g can SA Gourmet Food Co Tomato Condensed Soup
- Mix the ricotta with the grated parmesan and mozzarella.
- Top 2 slices of bread with the cheese mixture, and crumble over the gorgonzola. Close the sandwiches with the other 2 pieces of sourdough.
- Spread the outsides of the sandwiches with the mayonnaise.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat and add butter and allow it to melt. Fry the sandwiches in the butter for 3-4 minutes on each side until the cheese is melted and the outsides are golden brown.
- Prepare SA Gourmet Food Co Tomato Condensed Soup to directions on the packaging.
- Divide the soup into two bowls, and serve the toasties on the side for dipping.