Spaghetti Bolognese is one of the most popular 'go-to' meals. Not only is it easy to prepare, the sauce can be frozen which makes it so easy to have a homemade meal on one of those nights when you just can't be bothered. Our tomato soup base makes it even easier, and as with all homemade meals, you can make it to your own taste.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 430 g SA Gourmet Food Co Tomato Condensed Soup
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- salt and pepper
- 375 g spaghetti cooked
- Grated parmesan to serve
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add beef mince to the pan and cook until browned.
- Add the SA Gourmet Food Co Tomato Condensed Soup, stock, tomato paste, bay leaf and Italian herbs. Bring to the boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with cooked spaghetti and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.